Basically, I've been at school. A lot.
I have 17 credit hours, and there are 5 that Im taking for 0 credit, so really 22.
I got sick of commuting, and I got a dorm up there. I moved up on friday the 10th. Today, Saturday, I came back because I needed to take care of some stuff, and I ended up deciding to spend the night here, because I didn't want to waste the gas driving back up to Anderson when I was going to come back to Westfield the next day.
Oh! And at Anderson, I found a new Chris Nagy. His name is Alex Hester, and he keeps trying to talk to me and follow me everywhere. Im ignoring him as much as possible and making better friends. His roommate doesn't care for him either, but he thinks I'm being a bit extreme. Oh just wait, I know I'm right about this guy, and soon enough you'll all be ignoring him like I do.
But I'll get to what's really got me going today.
I was driving around Westfield. And as dumb as this might sound, being moved out for even just one night has made a huge difference. Coming home, I didn't feel like I had to stay here, and I could leave whenever I wanted to. And now it's where I grew up, and not where I live. Again, I know, one night away. But it's made a huge difference.
But I was at a stop light that I've been at hundreds of times, and I remembered something, and it's the kind of memory that you never want to forget, because it's just that kind of fun.
Sometimes we, usually a combination of Tim, Collin and Blake, would drive around, and while scanning radio stations, sometimes we would land on a rock station. So at red lights, we'd have the music turned out, and I would go crazy with air guitar and drums, just to make people look at us. It's one of those dumb high school memories that I don't ever want to forget. And it's making me feel kinda bummed that those days are over, when they seemed like they took so long at the time.
But that's not even what I'm writing about tonight.
I was recently able to find my oldest friend on facebook. We meet in 1st grade on the playground, back when boys and girls had cooties. We were each other exception to the cooties rule. My first best friend was in fact a girl, and each of our respective groups of friends gave us so much crap for it, but we didn't care.
We were best friends until the day I moved, and my mom actually let me spend my last day in Kansas hanging out with her at her house. And when my mom came to pick me up, I realized I had left my box of pokemon cards in her room, and needed to go get them. She had put her favorite stuffed animal in the box to give to me. And it's not until I'm thinking about it like 9 years later that I realize how awesome that was. I still have that stuffed animal, and I've hardly gone anywhere without it. It's right by my bed right now actually, and it was the first thing I put on my list of stuff that needs to go back to Anderson with me tomorrow. Think what you will, I don't care.
I'd be back in Kansas from time to time, and I'd call her and we'd try to find a way to hang out. It's been a really long time since we got to hang out. Like really really long. I haven't seen her in like 4 or 5 years. I'd send her an email from time to time, but once of us would always be too busy to reply.
Well I found her on facebook, which pretty much made my day.
All I knew about her, is that last time I saw her, she was wearing fish-nets, and was in a sub-emo phase. Which still doesn't bother me at all. And I knew she played the violin. That's it.
So Im really amazed right now, because we were so alike when we were younger, but we ended up growing up in totally different areas and ways, yet somehow ended up pretty similar.
And so the blunt of this, is that I wish I had never moved at all, because I decided a long long time ago, when I still lived in Kansas, that I had found my perfect match. I'm pretty convinced that I was right about that, for the time being. All of my speculations have been made from reading her profile info and glancing at some photos. She grew up pretty decently, in my opinion. I know Im being super judgmental about this though, but I would know. Where ever she had her braces done, they could have done a better job. I saw a gap or two that, with all my experience with the orthodontist, even I would know how to close up.
Wow that was a strange tangent to get off track with.
Well I'm super excited to get back in touch with her, like without a doubt. But there's that lovely little part of me that's convinced, and has been for a long long time, that we would have been perfect together. She doesn't live in Kansas anymore either, she lives in Maine and goes to a small liberal arts college. She loves the environment and supports gay marriage. She doesn't like traditional religion at all. We spent the last 9 years growing up in different places. I'm as stunned as anyone.
But according to many photos and such, she's got a guy. And I think she could do much better, but this is all from judging on pictures. His profile was set up with super privacy. I will say, that he doesn't seem like a bad guy, really. AND we have almost identical taste in threadless t-shirts. (I KNOW!!!) But that' that. And now I'm super curious what would have happened if I had never moved, because this guy seems like me, only he looks funnier that I do. Not the "haha" funny, but the "...Oh.. that's his normal face" funny. Thinking about this makes me feel like kind of a bad person, in a way. I've got another date tomorrow, but all I can seem to think about is my old friend and getting to catch up. And I know for sure that this wouldn't be such a problem if they were a guy. But the girl I'm seeing is pretty understanding about stuff like this, and if I explain the back story if it comes up, I don't anticipate much of any kind of problem.
Now it's time for bed.
Oh! And I remember how much she HATES graham crackers, and how we both thought that cheez-its were the best things in the world. I wonder if her views on graham crackers have changed...
No comments:
Post a Comment