The longer that I've been up here, the more I miss my family. Not the ones I share a name with, the family of friends that I had back in Westfield. I miss my real family too, but it's not nearly as bad.
I'm happy that there's a number of people that I've been able to keep up with, even parents. I had planned on keeping in touch with the following people who graduated.
Tim, Collin, Bret, Blake, Will, Ariel, Amber and Sarah St.
I never thought that I would have to work to get any kind of reply from any of them.
-I see Tim often enough, and we text at least once a week, and have seen each other already.
-Collin wont even talk to me. I don't know what's happened to him. I send him texts, call him on skype, talk on facebook, and he never seems to want to talk to me. Of the 21 text messages I sent him, he replied to 1, and all he said was "nice". And it's tough because I'm reminded of Collin every time I play my trumpet in wind ensemble, because he's not next to me to count with and high five during the rests.
-I've talked to Bret a LOT. We skype at least once a week, and text like daily.
-I've only heard from Blake twice, but I know he's busy, and I know it's not intentional, it's how he was in high school too.
-I talk to Will now and again, but nothing super intensive.
-I've probably talked to and seen Ariel the most of anyone, in person that is, Bret wins electronically.
-I talk to Amber regularly in the evenings. I'd say every 2 or three nights we text for an hour or so.
-Sarah and I skype some, but that's it.
And there's people I've been in touch with I didn't plan to be in touch with, but I'm happy about it.
-Amanda and I talk quite a bit on facebook and skype.
-Jess and I have had more conversations than I thought we would.
Still, I miss everyone really badly. And I think that 2 or 3 days of high school would do me a lot of good, to see everyone and make me feel like myself again. You see, I hit a dramatic change when I came here, because nobody really knows me and how I act and stuff. And I miss hugging people, there's a lack of hugs here. And I miss the kids still in high school, and two or three people that are a year ahead of me at other colleges. But I know I'll see them over the summer once everyone comes back.
Open house ends in 11 minutes, meaning all females get kicked out of the entire dorm. It's a dumb rule.
I wish I could let everyone know what they mean to me, and how badly I feel for taking them all for granted. You see people for some 8 odd years like every day, and you take them for granted, even the people I didn't like, I wish they were here. I find myself even missing the people that drove me mad in high school, namely Eddie. And I never thought I'd say that.
So my tip to whoever might be reading this. If you're still in high school, don't wait to blow through your senior year. It'll go fast enough. Let it soak in, and enjoy all the little moments. Even just sitting out in the courtyard eating lunch with friends is one of my favorite memories of high school, and walking through the halls and knowing who everyone is. It's the smaller things that make up the big picture. And that's the most insightful thing I've said in a long time.
I'm done with the mopey shit now. Time to get to my current life.
I find myself debating if I want to be a music major. Like every other day, I love it. And I find myself enjoying instruments other than trumpet, like a lot more than the trumpet itself. Im planning a minor in political science. And as for my major, I don't know if I want to go into politics or not. I feel like I could be really good in that field. And I think that I'd enjoy TV Entertainment as well. I really should have taken an exploratory set of classes.
And I think I'm decided that I'll transfer after this year, but possibly two years. I love some of the people I've met here, they're growing on me super fast. But the school itself, and all of it's god-loving is wearing thin on me.
And this next bit is the total guy in me, but the girls here really leave something to be desired. Even the ones that are super similar to me all seem to have this hidden side to them that's all conservative and religious. And in the past, those really haven't even been an issue to me. But they are now, and I can't place it. There's like 1 in 20 here that are totally normal girls, and they just happened to have ended up at Anderson, just like me. And they know that they're 1 in 20, so that rules out my chances. But I can't neglect this side of it. I've met some girls who are totally wonderful and totally great. And I found that by wearing a suit, you meet a lot more girls.
Something that I've neglected to say up until this point, not only on this, but to almost everyone in general. I feel like a stereotypical pig of a guy, because I really shouldn't be even looking, because I've been quazi-seeing someone since the tail end of summer. I don't know how it happened, but I'm hoping to have some answers this thursday.
And for those that enjoyed the ways I used to blog, with metaphors and junk, don't worry, because I'll be back to that style soon enough.
As always. If you're reading this, you know how to reach me.
No comments:
Post a Comment