For starters, something that actually happened just this morning apparently, that I noticed on facebook. My father had a picture of Julie, my sister, talking on the phone in the living room that he put up in August of 2009. This morning, at 9:48 this morning, my Aunt Julie, total cunt, posted this comment:
"Interesting...appears as those a piece of furniture that you swore to me you didn't take is in the photo. I knew you were not telling truth anyway."
Last time I posted, I mentioned the death of my grandfather maybe 20 days ago. My dad was the first to arrive in Kansas for the event, and it quickly became WW3 with the siblings assaulting one other over this and that. By the time the rest of the family had made it into town, a truce had been called. I flew back to Indy, leaving my parents behind in Kansas, where I assumed the fight would rage on. My dad made an incredibly kind gesture to his two sisters, as they were given rights to the house, which needs an enormous amount of work done before it's fit to see the market. My dad and my uncle offered to give them a portion of the money that would come from the estate sale for repair costs, so that it wouldn't all come out of pocket. My uncle offered X money, to which my sisters thought my father would refuse. My father doubled X in his offer. Last I had heard, everyone became much closer from this event, my dad was in fact able to get one of the Chinese mirrors that was hanging in the house, and everything was good.
Stupid Cunt Aunt Julie had to go looking to pick a fight, it's not like this is something that you just happen to see in your newsfeed 2 1/2 years after it's been posted, she went looking for trouble, looking to start another fight. My dads response to that was to take a picture of the living room, showing the bookcases in full, making it obvious that they aren't the bookcases she thinks they are, that they don't even match one another, and that they came from his old office library. He put that picture on her facebook wall, a classy response, in my opinion. Classy enough that I'm tempted to request my dad to be my friend on facebook, on a very limited profile view, of course.
That was that, it wasn't even something I had initially planned to bitch about until I saw it.
One of the things that pisses me off the most is people who complain about their lives publicly, I'm not sure why. I know that this very moment, I'm complaining about my life, but it's not on a platform that 500+ other people will be subjected to having it in their newsfeed. People that complain about being single, people that whine about another broken heart from their 10th relationship of the year, people who think their life is impossible beyond comparison, people who whine that applications for college and jobs and internships are too hard, people who are clearly underage and complain that a shot tastes gross but they took 6 anyway, people who make their life out to be harder than it is to gain attention and sympathy for their shortcomings. The list goes on and on, and it's not even the people that might just post about their shitty day, it's the people who I can constantly count on to have this kind of status on any given day.
Everyone has troubles like that, so what makes you think that yours are any more special? I could switch gears on my social media forums and bitch about everything.
My first girlfriend cheated on me, which then caused me to turn a shoulder to the thought of another relationship for quite a long time as well as screwing me up pretty decently when it comes to relationships, and when I finally thought I had hit my stride, opened myself back up, gotten it right, it blew up in my face.
Some nights I just sit around in my room, hoping that someone will text me inviting me somewhere, because I hate planning things.
I try desperately hard to stay in touch with all of my old friends because of how much they mean to me, but I look at my inbox and every conversation with them is un-replied, making me assume that I'm just bothering them by texting them.
I don't even have people in my life anymore that I feel like I can tell all of this too, which is why I tell it to a computer screen instead.
My mom had a brain tumor over 10 years ago which has drastically changed the lives of my family.
My dad has diabetes that causes tons of swelling, has bad joints, and numerous other afflictions, making me the primary manual laborer when I'm home.
My sister has epilepsy, sleeps for 12+ hours a day, and has never moved away from home.
The previous three were diagnosed within 18 months of each other, and pretty much signified the moment that I had to grow up and act like an adult, because there wasn't a childhood to be had in this household.
I feel like I can reasonably say that I have more than my fair share of things to bitch about, which is what really pisses me off. That the people I see complaining the most are complaining about the smallest little imperfections in their lives, things that I wouldn't even notice seem to ruin their day. I just don't understand how people function like that.
It's so much more enjoyable to focus on the good things going on in your life, and to share a positive outlook on life with everyone you know.
I really kind of hate this post now, because it's essentially everything I hate seeing on facebook and twitter, and I kind of don't want to post it, because this doesn't correspond correctly with the image of myself that I broadcast to the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment