I keep saying that I'm going to turn this into something of actual value and not just a place where I bitch about my life. I mean, I'm still going to bitch about my life a ton, but I'm hoping to interject some valuable stuff now and again too.
Summer. Well, I've got just under a month of summer left before I move back up to the wonderful Muncie IN. If you've not been to Muncie, you're not missing a terrible amount of things, as it lives up quite well to the stereotype, but around Ball State it gets pretty nice.
Being back home where you grew up is nice, but actually thinking about it is kind of depressing, ya know? It's like, hey, here are all the places and had fun and grew up and stuff, they haven't changed much, but they aren't as much fun anymore. Like I went to one of my favorite parks on the 4th of July and my favorite part was the really large open field. And of course being home is always filled the memories of old friends and old jokes, and things that are super great and important to you, but I mean, what's really the point of trying to relive them? You can't, people change, stuff stops being funny, that's life.
For those that follow my daily life adventures on the twitter scope and on Facebook, earlier this summer I was looking at three jobs and having a ton of money. Well thanks to the drought nobody is doing any landscaping work, myself included, and I've stopped doing anything with College ProPainters, and now I'm getting the crap hours at American Eagle, getting like 4 1/2 hours a WEEK. While that's super lame, I'm at least selling stuff on eBay.
That's basically my home life. That stuff, working out, Brosday Group, which is just me and like two other guys that get burgers and see a movie like once a week, and then my online classes. My home life is kind of boring, and I'm really, reaaaaally excited to get back to Ball State, this is my first year returning to a college for a second year, it's oddly exciting not having to start all over new.
And for those that don't know, though if you're reading this you should know, I love baking, and I'm actually studying Food and Hospitality Management with a minor in Entrepreneurship and Political Science, and I'm planning to open my own bakery, The Steele Oven. See, it's clever because Steele is my last name, get it? Well anyway, those plans are coming along really well.
Unfortunately, thanks to the unreasonable heat, I've done next to zero baking this summer, though I've done a lot of recipe research and I've got a good handful that I want to try. One friend is encouraging me to keep working on a bacon cookie, though my previous tries haven't gotten me anywhere, and I found some recipes based on girl scout cookies that I'm eager to try as well.
And unless you've been living under a rock all summer, you've heard about Carly Rae Jepsen. I got a hold of her other songs to see if she was just some kind of one-hit wonder, and turns out she's not. She's got an EP out with 5 songs call Curiosity, and she's got some pipes, at least more than I was expecting, and I'm really curious and hopeful to see where she goes from here. Personally, I hope she goes for more of the Pop Top 40 hits and stays aimed at youthful adult type people, and doesn't shoot for a pre-teen idol, because I've got her on the fence based on her EP. But it's totally worth a look, it's not often that a smash hit comes out of the blue from an unknown and she's got the potential to put out more!
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment