Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Lab Experiment Gone Wrong Away From...

...being a super villain.


So college is going pretty well, or as well as it can when you hate your major 3-5 days a week. I usually like mondays a lot, because I don't do much with music over the weekends.

I'm doing classes for next semester, because even though we did them already, now we get to go back through and verify them and junk. By the time I put in all my classes, I have 23 hours.

Of those 23 hours, I can have 5 for 0 credit, but that still puts me at 18. And I can either drop my keyboarding class, or I can drop my career and lifestyle exploration class, because those are my only 1-credit courses. I need/want both of them.

I haven't told this half of the world yet, but a lot of my friends know that I'm highly doubtful that I'll continue on as a music major. I'll still play trumpet and sing and stuff, don't get me wrong there, maybe even get a bachelors in it, or maybe minor. I'm allowed to be really undecided, it's still my freshman year. But I feel like tv entertainment is where I should look, and it's going to be some mix of a theatre and communications major, because television entertainment isn't a real major, yet. I'm also getting in some classes for my political science minor, but the only course I can take is American National Government, because I either needed the first half of a class this semester, or it's only offered in the fall, like the Intro to Politics class I wanted to take.

And if I stay at Anderson, I'll eventually have to take a bible class, which I'm trying to put off for as long as possible. Everybody here is really nice and stuff, but I feel like I'm aware that I'm still living in a sheltered area, if that makes sense. Some days I just want the real world to come slap me in the face, because I know I'm still being coddled here. It's like a more adult westfield, only as you leave the campus, it gets trashier and not nicer.


So leaving that topic, I'm going onto something I've been trying to decide on for a while now.

I'm in college, and I feel like I kind of have that look to me now. I know that I have a look to me, it's just that I'm not sure what kind of look I'm looking for. I stopped trimming my goatee-variation because I initially wanted to braid it and put beads in it. I have a ton of people that want me to go ahead and do it, but there's an equally sized crowd that thinks it's gross. I don't see why they would think it's gross. I probably have the cleanest facial hair of anyone on campus. I shampoo it, I condition it, I dry it and I comb it. And as facial hair goes, it's pretty dang soft. It also made me REALLY appreciate how long it takes to grow a good mustache. But I'm off topic already.

I've made a conscious effort for a while now that I never want to just blend into a crowd, I want to stand out no matter what.

I've always cleaned up really well when I put on a suit and tie, but it doesn't quite work so well now that I'm anything but clean cut. My hair is the longest it has ever been without parting down the middle. It all still sweeps to the left, so I'm not getting it cut. So I totally look like an indie type of music guy, and I love it. I wear brown work shoes almost every day and flannel, and I know I have my own look like that. But I can't pull off formal clothes like I used to. I need something that's not quite the normal, and bad. I need a dark green suit, and the jacket needs to be closer to a trench coat. But I don't know where to get such things. But I'm bored talking about this now.

People at college all seem to have really bad breath, and it really bothers me. It's been really bad these last two weeks, that or I've just now noticed it. I brush like three times a day, and eat lots of apples too, and I feel like my teeth are really clean and my breath never smells bad, so I don't get why other people can't do the same time. Also, I'm super aware of people who have bad teeth now too, and I was looking through some pictures on facebook and noticed some of my best friends from westfield have REALLY gross teeth. Like they either need braces, or they need bleach, or in one case he needs both.

I'm gonna eat some apples and play mandolin.

No comments:

Post a Comment