So Monday was a cardio day for me in the gym, as was today. Well on Monday I was doing laundry, so my normally hour workout was closer to two. While I was on an elliptical, I noticed three girls, all slightly on the heavy side, come into the gym. All three entered and left before I was done on the one program I had set for myself. They would come in and do like 15 minutes on the elliptical, have one drop of sweat, and get off and leave. Or like 10 minutes of sprinting as fast as they can on a treadmill, and nothing else. It's like they know nothing about the components of a proper workout, especially one that is geared at fat burning. They drink their propel and wear their fancy workout clothes that cost an arm and a leg, and think that's going to do the trick. Screw warming up or warming down, and going through an extended amount of time on one machine? Nonsense. It's things like these that make me pity heavier girls for the wrong reasons. If they have the mindset that they'd like to loose weight, they shouldn't go at it quarter-hearted. Yeah, not even half-hearted, quarter-hearted. Weight loss isn't a 10 minute thing, because you might have burned a fraction of the sports drink that you're gulping down instead of simple water. If you aren't leaving your workout drenched in sweat, then you did something wrong. Ladies, when it's apparent that you've been working out-work out attire, water bottle, and so on- it's not a big deal if you walk through the halls kind of sweaty, just don't stay like that for the rest of the day.
Last night I went to bed around 12:30 like usual, and had the worst time sleeping. I think Peter was snoring really badly or something. I remember at one most he made a noise like some kind of large, hissing reptile that really freaked me out. I think I mentioned it on twitter, but I'm not sure. Around 5 I really couldn't sleep, soon enough it was 7:30 and there was light creeping past our blinds. Finally my alarm for 9 went off and I got up and took a shower. Peter got up around 10 and took a shower while I grabbed some breakfast.
My morning sucked, it just really really sucked, and it was all in my head. Last night got me in some trouble because I've been thinking too much. I'm pretty much an asshole in my mind, but it's not like I can change anything that I've already done, I can just stop it going any further.
Truth Moment- As much as I do my best to be the ideal guy who goes for personality in a girl and whatnot, looks are important. Looks are super important, and every guy can deny it and try to be that "ideal example" that every girl fawns after because of the movies, but unless the guy is blind, looks and general attractiveness are important.
This morning went on, and I don't quite remember where it hit me, but I hadn't been about of my building for 60 seconds before I realized that I hadn't smiled yet today, and to not smile in the first 3 hours of my being awake is a major problem. Then I realized that like nobody else was smiling either. So I decided to make today a "smile as much as you can and try to make someone else's day better" type of day. I think it was pretty fantastic, especially at a band rehearsal where moods like that tend to rub off on other people. I'm pretty alright with how much I got to smile despite how last night and my morning went, and I didn't have much in my life to smile about at the time.
One more thought before I end this. I know I place my trumpet playing abilities kind of up there, and getting recognition for that is super important to me. Anderson really beat that out of me, as I never saw anything but 3rd Trumpet. And joining the marching band late, I was given 3rd part because they always need more of the lower parts. Well I'm in campus band, which is pretty much come play if you want. There are around 18 trumpets or so, and until yesterday people had been playing whatever part they wanted, and being trumpet players they all wanted first. So I was content playing 2nd and minding my own business until SURPRISE! We're gonna have 90 second auditions to make sure that people are playing the right parts! It was fantastically rewarding when we moved seats to have 4 or 5 people on my left(people playing higher parts than me) end up on my right or in the row behind me, and getting to take the seats that they left behind, meaning 1st trumpet. I know it's campus band, and there's two people that are technically higher than me on the list, but it was a good ego boost, especially because I beat someone in the marching band playing a higher part than me, as well as the stupid guy who quit the marching band because it wasn't worth his time and he was better than all of us and joined this group instead.
Well, it's about 9:30 and I have homework to get to.
No comments:
Post a Comment