I'll start off talking about today, because this is happening now. I remembered sometime in the middle of the night that my first class isn't meeting today because most of them are on a field trip to Chicago, or at least I hope that class didn't meet today. And I've actually got a class going on right now, but I was working on my internship stuff, plus I have a runny nose, so I decided not to go. I haven't missed it yet, so I figure I'm in alright shape.
Internship.
I'm in the process of interviewing with Disney for a semester internship to live in Florida and work in the parks while taking classes and getting internship credit. I think I'm done with all of my actual interviewing, and all that's left is my audition in Chicago. And as excited as I am/was, I'm not sure about the whole thing. I'm on the fence as it is, and then I actually thought about the costs of auditioning. I'd have to skip one, possibly two, day(s) of class, spend what little money I have to fill up my car probably twice, find a place to park in Chicago and pay that fee, along with any other expenses. It's all terribly out of my price range. And my mom brought up a good point when I was talking to her. It might be a super amount of fun, what it boils down to is will it help me graduate, and is it worth leaving Ball State for a semester, because it means that next fall I would be returning as a Junior, and only spent one semester at the school. But that's not even what bothers me, I would miss everyone here. I'd miss them more than I could imagine. The choice is entirely up to me, and I think it's going to end up with me emailing them that I can't make it to an audition time due to academic and financial restrictions. If I still get offered another position, I'll take that as a personal victory, and then I'll have two weeks to think it over before they offer the position to someone else. I try to always go with my gut on important things, but my gut hasn't been the best way to go if the last 6 months have taught me anything. I miss performing the most, and performing at Disney would be amazing, living in Florida would be amazing, making connections with the people at Disney would be amazing, but my life right now at Ball State is pretty amazing too, and so are the people in my life.
It's no secret that I really didn't have a college experience last year. Yeah, I made a few really amazing friends that I still stay in touch with, especially since they're all about 20 minutes away, but these 6ish weeks blow my mind. Marching band is what I look forward to most every day, and if it's not a Mon/Wed/Fri, then I look forward to it being one of those days, so I can look forward to marching band. Statesmen is just alright, nothing too special, but it's the only place I can sing right now. I owe marching band for the awesome group of friends that I've made though. I don't think I'm actually friends with anyone who isn't in marching band that I didn't know before, except for like 2 guys in statesmen.
I think I've spent the last 5 days with Kelsey, Rachel, Aaron, and sometimes Alec. Aaron is a good guy, just so much fun to be around. I'm trying to convince him to room with me next year, it would be fantastic to share a suite with him, especially because we would have a kitchen facility to ourselves. Rachel is fun to be with too. I don't think I've ever hung out with her and she didn't start singing at one time or another. She's a music and theatre person too, so that works out really well. I'm actually still trying to figure Alec out. We're both technically sophomores, but I feel like a freshmen when he's around just because he's been here a year already and knows how things go. Kelsey is just fantastic. She's the only person I've ever met that comes close to my levels of excitement about life in general. Plus she cooks and gardens, so what else can I say?
I still want to major in like 5 things, all very unrelated. I want to double major in Political Science and Public Communications and go to the IU School of Law. I want to double major in Outdoor Architecture and Landscaping and start my own business. I want to study theatre and become a comedic actor. And everyone here is pushing me to education, and so is everyone back in Westfield. Truth is, I've thought about being a teacher since I was in like 2nd grade, and I think it could be really rewarding. But I also know that being a teacher doesn't bring in the big bucks, and having a strong sense of financial security is really important to me. I just wish that life was long enough that I could do everything, oh what a world that would be.
I'm actually getting kind of tired of the classes I'm in now, and next semester I'm going to start kicking out some of my core classes, and take some education and theatre courses as well. And I'm still set on the idea that if by the end of my third year of formal education, I'm going to take some time off and open my bakery. My mom is totally fine with that idea, and thinks I'll do incredibly well, but wants me to look at what my closest degree is to being completed, make that my major, and then go open the bakery, so I at least have some kind of college degree to fall back on and get me into law school.
Well, I've been writing for about 40 minutes or so, and I think that's about all I really have to say on here for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment