Monday, March 12, 2012

Writing In Stone

Screw writing things in stone, write them in the sand, it's much less permanent.

Day one back on campus after an interesting spring break, which I will now summarize.
Thanks to my mom, I failed to get the living room all painted, it should have been a two day project, three days max. Spent a week on it and it got maybe half way done. But they paid me 80 bucks all the same for everything I did, because I did paint the whole ceiling and clean through all the air vents which likely hadn't been done since the house was built.
I got to give my puppies a bath, and they were super stinky. Despite that I hurt my back in the process, that was one of my favorite things that I did at my house. It's one thing to say goodbye to people for months at a time, because they understand and you can still talk to them, but dogs don't quite get it, and talking to them over the phone only confuses them. I know Raven has really stressed out this year. Last year I was home so often, it was rare that I went 2 weeks without spending a few good hours playing with her, Jack too. There was one weekend last semester after it had been probably 2 1/2 months since I'd been home, she got out of the back yard, and after running around for like 20 minutes, I was alone in the garage swearing because all the bike tires were flat, and she just comes running in the garage right up to me, seeming quite proud that she had finally found me. So I played with her hardcore that weekend and my mom said that she was super relaxed for the next two weeks and well behaved. But now I'm off topic as always and not talking about my spring break.
I made and ate 6 pounds of fruit salad all by myself.
I got to make lots of cookies and muffins, though my oven got sick so I had to call off the pies and new peanut butter-based recipe I dreamed of.
Drank 5 separate nights.
Got to spend an awesome night with a friend from New York whom I don't get to see often enough.
Spent several hours debating with someone wether it would be a good idea to ingest glitter or not, because I wanted to put glitter in a shot we were thinking of to represent a Golden Snitch.
Got to go to a few of my favorite places in my hometown area, all of them being parks go figure.
Accidentally ate over 7,000 calories in a single day.
Still ended up loosing another pound over break.
And thought a LOOOOT about my future, which is a good segway.

In just under 3 months, I'm going to be 20, and while I love my birthday, it's really starting to freak me out. I've acted like an adult for longer than I know, and I'm legally an adult too, and while being 20 doesn't change thaaaat much, it's called Twenty, not Twentyteen. The bulk of my defining life has been lived as a teenager, and I don't want to stop being a teenager, like ever, I understand it too well. Come fall, I'll be starting my 3rd year of college, and this crap of me floating around between 6 different majors just can't keep going on.
I auditioned for the musical theatre department, and while I think I did an ok enough job for my audition, I feel like it's a coin toss wether I'm going to get in, a coin toss that isn't in my favor, because that's totally possible.
I am happy to say that I think I have three, maybe four probable options that will be my life plan once I graduate, and these are in no particular order.

1.) Find out that I really do have a nack for performing and acting, move out to LA, and begin my acting career. Spend as long as two years living on ramen noodles and vodka in my apartment with either Chandler and/or Jae. Finally get cast in the role that gets my career rolling, become a global heart-throb, have more money than I know what to do with, dedicate a large portion of my free time to helping with two issues that I feel very strongly about, Falling Whistles and environmental protection and reform. Maybe meet a sweet lady along the line, have four kids, they'll be pretty cool.
2.) After taking a few entrepreneurship classes, find out that it's really what I want to do, minor instead of major in theatre, take restaurant management classes, graduate. Move back with my parents for a few months while I look for an apartment not too far. While looking for an apartment, apply for the proper bank loans to purchase a location, renovate it for my needs, talk to Tim and Q about being my initial employees/partners, Q for PR and to work the front counter, Tim to help run the money and help in the kitchen, and open The Steele Oven. It'll be a rough year or two, and my living standards will be minimal because it can take two years or longer to make a profit, but in the end The Steele Oven will become a very popular bakery, which I will later expand to also feature cafe drinks. After opening several locations, I will contemplate partially selling out my ownership of the company, as I intend to have a family, and need more personal time to myself to take care of my life. I wont be rich beyond belief, but money will never be a problem.
3.) I can't justify moving out to LA or opening The Steele Oven, so I continue my education at the IU Law School, studying intellectual property ownership. I'll be shit broke after like 9 years straight of school, but my parents wont mind having me home now and again to mooch a good meal and to do laundry, I'll help around the house too, taking care of the yard now and again as needed and surprising them by driving up to shovel the drive early in the morning. Once I finish law school, I'll go take the bar exam, which I can't imagine having any trouble with, and I actually want to take it in the next year or so just to know what I'm up against, and who knows, I could get lucky and pass it and be a lawyer by 21. I'll most likely stay in the Indianapolis area, because there's a lack of patent and copyright agents in that city. The money will be really good, and I can work from home 3 days a week.
4.) I fall in love with an amazing lady, she's got a fantastic career lined up for herself that will be more than enough income to live off of. We get married, probably after I graduate, start a family. I'll find work while she's on maternity leave, most likely with a landscaping company assuming it's the correct season, and it'll be easy to come and go as pregnancies do. I'll gladly opt to be a stay at home dad and raise the kids, because while I had the potential to go out and be the money maker, the opportunities panned out for her first and she has a secure, well providing job. I'll love waking up each morning and making a fresh breakfast for the kids, getting them off to school, working outside while I'm home alone, tending to the awesome yard I've been working on for years. And I'll be crazy happy.

There's an infinite number of things that could happen with my life, and I know I don't have the control over it that I like to think I do, but sometimes it's fun to pretend.

SOOOO, now to day one back on campus.
Of three classes, I got really bored during the second one, otherwise it wasn't bad.
Revamped my eating and workout habits for the rest of the semester, cut another 400 calories from my daily intake, I actually would have been crazy under if I hadn't found the bottle of Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew in my fridge and decided they needed to be drank haha.
Worked out tonight, but only did half an hour instead of an hour. I have to say that I was quite satisfied, being able to see definition in my arms without flexing, good way to start my new nutritional plan.
Got lunch with the standard group, Chris, Hannah, Tarryn, and... I have no idea how to even start spelling his name....... But anyway! I really like these guys, they're cool!
I have an exam that I need to take online before Wednesday, an exam that I will be able to take on Wednesday, an extra credit paper due Wednesday, and another exam Next Wednesday. I'm oddly not worried about this haha.

It's almost midnight, Peter has been in bed for like an hour already, I'm getting a little sleepy myself. I can't decide if I want to make my bed, or if I'm going to be alright just sleeping in my sleeping bag like I did last night, it was actually kind of fun, though I'm going to use an actual pillow haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment