Thursday, April 19, 2012

ASTEROIDS: THEY WILL KILL US ALL

That's actually the title of a paper I'm writing about impending doom around 2184, when a sizable asteroid is expected to cross paths with our lovely little blue planet. If I would actually start writing about it instead of finding ways to distract myself, it would be a pretty legit paper.

So as I found out, I could Actually be home for summer two Mondays from now. Yes, my summer break starts in April and I'm quite excited.

So!! I was in Atlanta last weekend with the Statesmen, which was so much fun. It was one of those eye opening moments that happen now and again that make me realize I want to do nothing but perform. While we were in Atlanta, it got around that there was an a cappella group among our larger group(minus two people), and we were asked to perform on that Friday, it was so much fun. Saturday night we rode back to Muncie all night, got back about 9:30 in the morning on Sunday, concert call time at 1:30. And while it was nice to be back in a familiar area and a schedule I know and can control, man I really just want to go perform more. Oh, and Katie surprised me and was able to come up to see my concert on Sunday, but she couldn't stay super long so we just got a quick dinner after, nothing too exciting.

I'm going down to IU this weekend. It's Little 500 this weekend, which was a fortunate coincidence, because this was like the only weekend in the last few months that I would have been able to manage going down there.

I took almost a week off in between workouts, with going to Atlanta and all, and damn did that set me back. Cardio was totally fine, but I haven't been able to really lift with my upper body since Monday. Like yesterday, I thought I should be alright, but I barely got in the position and started to hurt. And on the flip side, I've done lower body for four days now and am totally fine, no soreness at all despite raising my max weights, including maxing out the possible weight on one machine.

AND! In my personal finance class, where the professor had surgery and we've had a random sub for like a month and a half, the final project for the class got dropped, AAANNNNNDDDDD he said that he was going to put a massive curve on the final exam so that everyone would end on a high note because of how much the class got messed up. We seriously stopped learning any of what we were supposed to be learning. So that's pretty sweet. Pretty much, the rest of my semester is this paper I'm putting off, two astronomy worksheets, and my exams.

There's really not much else to mention, or at least a ton that I would mention on here.
Life is pretty good, I'd have to look for reasons to complain. I'm ready for the semester to be over, but not ready to be home, it's an interesting mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment