It dawned on me that I managed to neglect this for the entire month of August. To be fair, August didn't really exist between work, trying to finish an English course, packing, and then band camp leading right up to the start of the semester.
I'm living with Aaron this year, it's a drastic change from Peter last year. I'm in the exact same room I was in last year as well, and as of now I like the set-up, but we're still missing the futon which will require even more rearranging.
My summer wrapped up nicely, though there were several things I meant to do but didn't get around to, but I suppose that's life. Band camp was fantastic, and I'm kind of surprised I ended up saying that, but I really feel like I ended up bonding with the section really well. On a side note, there's roughly 33 trumpets right now, we literally got a brand new trumpet just today, 3 weeks into the semester, it's fantastic.
BSU football looks really good this year, our game against Michigan last week was killer.
Note to Self just wrapped up their auditions tonight and I announced the roster on our facebook page. I'm really excited, we got some really good guys who auditioned this year. I'm doing a ton of arranging for them this year too, as well as In the Mix, the vocal jazz group I'm in, and Ladies Choice, the women's a cappella group.
Classes are going pretty well for me so far. I'm down to the point where I'm only taking things that pertain to my major now, which is nice, and my major is like 93% female. In my food prep class, I'm one of two guys. HOWEVER, my lab group is a bunch of morons and I have to do everything when we're in lab on Mondays and Fridays. They couldn't even sift flour. As I found out though, is that one(possibly two) of them have a learning disability, and they flat out said that they're going to be watching a lot during the labs instead of helping. It's frustrating, to say the least, considering that I was almost able to switch lab groups.
This last weekend was Labor day, and I got to go with a dear friend to a wedding. Unfortunately, there was no alcohol at the reception, so her and I went and split a bottle of wine and a pizza later that evening. Only the classiest for the two of us haha.
That's about all I've got for now, I'm running out of ways to put off doing homework.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment