So I've really dropped the ball on this whole blog thing, despite that I see it on my bookmarks every since time I log onto my computer.
It's officially 2013, another year has come and gone, as well as another threat of apocalypse, and many fine memories. I should back track though, seeing as it was Halloween when I last posted anything.
I don't recall anything to fantastic happening over Halloween weekend. It wasn't a bad weekend, went to some solid parties, nothing too insane though. I think I'm unfortunately growing out of the whole party thing. They're fun and all, but I don't think I've ever gone out to a party and just had a killer time.
The way I look at drinking and the things that you do, is that they're things that you want to do while your sober, but your inhibitions stop you. So if you end up making out with 5 guys at a party and you blame it on being drunk, you're really just a whore and don't want to admit it. Or if you drunk text the same person every time, you're either into them, or they're one of your best friends, or possibly both.
But the idea of just going out, grinding on random girls that I'm likely never going to see again, most of them really not that attractive in my opinion, it's just lost it's enjoyment. I don't want anyone to get me wrong, I can certainly hold my liquor and have a good time, but more and more I'd rather just spend that time with a smaller group of people. The last few times I've gone out, it's been with 12 or less people, most of whom I knew previously, and I ended up having a really solid time.
Unfortunately, I'm getting side-tracked with a tangent like I usually do.
November was incredibly fast, as was December, so I'll touch on some highlights.
Thanksgiving break was really good. I came home as promptly as I could of course, and got to see some people that I hadn't seen since summer or longer. I ended up working on Black Friday which was actually a lot of fun to me. I work inventory, so I wasn't actually out on the floor dealing with customers, and for a large portion of my shift I was sitting in the back room eating pizza and playing monopoly on my phone just waiting for someone to page me on the headset asking me to check for a size in the back room. I ended up really having a good Thanksgiving break, I just can't quite describe why.
Statesmen had our usual weekend jam packed of Christmas concerts, complete with a double concert Sunday. Funny story about that second concert. I was out in the lobby waiting for our turn to go on stage with a friend, Marc, and we kind of ended up missing the whole second half of the concert by mistake. It was really not actually a huge deal and is actually kind of funny, but I still feel a little bit bad about it.
Note to Self hosted our first Holiday Concert with Ladies Choice and In the Mix, and it went really, really well I think. There were plenty of snags and such, but there were simply too many cooks in the kitchen when it came to planning it, and I wish the other groups I was working with would have just shut up and let me run things considering my group was hosting, and all the paperwork had been done by me and it was my name on the dotted line. But that's in the past, it was a solid learning experience, and I'm just looking forward to this coming semester, where I hope that things will run a bit smoother.
I actually did really pretty well this semester in my classes, exams are always kind of brutal, but I finally feel like I have a good hold on my academic work again. I ended with A, A, A-, B, B-, C+, and one lovely D. I'm not proud about getting a D, but considering I was in a panic about not passing the class at all, a D will work just fine for me, especially because I won't be doing anything else with accounting while I'm in college.
Our football team ended up having a great season, and got invited to play at the Beef O' Brady bowl in St. Petersburg, Florida. So I was home for a grand total of 2 1/2 days before making the trip back up the Muncie, just to just packed onto a bus to head to Florida. We stayed in a resort right on the Gulf of Mexico which was really cool, and we actually had a fair amount of free time to just do as we pleased. I went swimming in the ocean, stargazed on the beach, played my trumpet in the ocean, got caught in some incredibly torrential downpours walking back from dinner one night, and got to spend some quality time with some of my best friends, the trumpet section. Unfortunately, when it came time for our football team to show what they're made of, they didn't bring their A game, and we left the dome with a loss 38-10, but it was still a free trip to Florida.
This winter break has really just been tops too. Christmas just flew right by, but that's what happens when I get home 2 days before Christmas and I work two over-night shifts leading up to it. Right after Christmas, we got a ton of snow in Indiana, so it actually feels like winter and not like last year. Largely, I've just been spending quality time with people I don't get to see very often, and this has possibly been one of my favorite breaks ever.
But as much as I love being home, I think I'm about ready to get back to Muncie and resume my life. My best friends both leave on the 3rd, and talking to them as they start to pack up has kind of sparked the mentality that I need to start packing up and getting ready to leave as well, despite that I've got three days longer to stay home. Jessi goes back home to New York, and Tim is leaving for Germany for a semester abroad. It's a bummer about Tim, because while even though I didn't go see him or anything, it was always a possibility, but not while he's in Germany. And New York hasn't gotten any farther away, it's just a logistics thing.
I think I've covered a good amount of the last 2 months of my life, and I'd hate to waste the day sitting at my computer typing too much longer, so I'll wrap things up with a salute to 2012, and a hopeful beginning to 2013.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment