Monday, February 1, 2010

I'd Like Pancakes, With a Side of Glitches

ISSMA was shit. I can't believe I did that poorly, and I know it's my fault.

Scherzo, the group that was supposed to go to state if we played blindfolded. Dave and I looked at dozens of quintets last year, and I finally came to pick this one. During first trimester I got to hand-pick who I wanted to play in the group. I had total control over this. I picked a song that was hard in it's own rights, a challenge. Some of the members, well they're weaknesses were what this song focused on, and I picked them anyway. I was stupid. Scherzo got a silver. I knew at the final chord we got a silver.

Pink Panther was the other one that was my fault. Just half a point from taking it to state. I played baritone for this song. A two measure solo was it, that was what I had, and I killed it. Not killed it as in a played it well. Killed it as in I looked away from my music for a split second and lost my place entirely and missed the whole thing. Half a point was in those two measures, I know it.

Spiritual Jazz was risky, but we went for it. I feel confident saying that I was one of the better people on that piece. Granted that I'm a trumpet player playing the tuba, I did really well. 16.5. Not even close.

The two choir pieces got golds. Antiphony No. 1 and Sonoran Desert Harmonies.

And I can't even accredit the night before to anything that went wrong.
The party was a lot of fun, and I got out of there around 12:30, so I got my 8 hours of sleep.
I don't think that I had ever pictured that I would have enjoyed myself so much.

Today I went to Ihop with a ton of people.
It was good. 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, 2 servings of hash browns, and 10 pancakes. I think I got my money's worth. Not to mention my new pitcher.
Early on though, that was where some big glitches came up. And I had never imagined them in my wildest train of thought.
I know it wasn't purposeful, what happened, but I'm kind of resentful for it, because I feel like I got robbed of something. I'm deliberately not saying what happened though, not here.

I'll see what happens. Life keeps going, because these things are just a part of it.
And who knows, maybe that's what was supposed to happen.
Scratch that. It was what was supposed to happen, because it did happen. There's some of my rarely seen philosophical side.

Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment