I could notice a difference just between 4th period and bonus period.
That being said, I'm praying that my usual playing ability is going to return soon as well, because my solo is kicking the shit out of me. I told Dave I wanted a solo that would still be a challenge to a college trumpet player. He handed me a packet of the hardest trumpet solos for ISSMA group 1. I think I'm playing the 4th hardest one.
I am happy that I'm playing it though, no matter how bad it may turn out, because the things that Dave said people normally mess up on this piece, are actually the things I'm doing better at. I kicked the crap out of the rhythms and stuff, I just don't have the endurance to play the whole thing, especially if I'm going to be playing a tuba just 12 minutes before my solo time.
I ended up missing my favorite theatre warm-up thanks to Chris. I get that we needed to practice the trumpet choir thing, but I don't understand why we spent 9 minutes practicing how we're going to warm-up and put our horns up. I think that a scale and a long tone to tune to is all we need.
And I went there promptly as I got the message, because I've played with them twice now. I stood outside the locked door for 6 minutes before Chris finally let me in. Did I mention that he also made eye contact with me 4 times as well? Yeah, and he just kept on playing, then proceeded to play the whole piece two more times before letting me in.
And he puts trash in my lockers. How do I know? Because the trash that I put in His locker Earlier that morning before he was there ended up in my locker after he was the last one in there. I'm going to pour and egg white down his trumpet bell on some random friday.
God I'm such a terrible person...
And troublesome texts have not stopped at all.
Every single day you text me now. I'm fine being friends and all. And this whole "something's up between us" is because I'm trying to send a message while keeping your feelings in mind. And the new thing, that we need to "have a good talk, about everything". Ummm, I'm going to avoid this "talk" at all costs, because it could very well be disastrous to many things, and simply doesn't need to happen.
And I'm sure that you'll bring up how I never replied tonight sometime tomorrow. I'm fully aware that I'm not replying to your messages, asking if I feel like talking or not tonight. I've told you what's on my plate right now. I've got 6 main courses of music, an oversized side of bowling sectionals and party on the same day, as a dessert of being off script. That's what I'm doing. I know my priorities, and I need to keep them straight.
Right now, I'm gonna play some trumpet for a while and listening to The State of The Union because I can get extra credit And that I need to pay attention.
To set things straight, I'm up for non-troublesome texts.
No comments:
Post a Comment