To start, who doesn't hate Mondays anyway? I usually don't, but my Mondays are going to tend to drain me for the rest of the semester, which is why Tuesday is my rebound day.
I start at 9 am, which really isn't that bad, but it's not enjoyable. But the fun part is that I don't get done until 8:30 pm, almost 12 hours later.
Yesterday was the first time that there had been a full schedule of classes, meaning that all of them were meeting.
So after 11 hours of classes, who isn't kind of grumpy?
Well I get to facebook, and it only gets worse. I'm never posting anything political on my profile every again. It's not that I can take it when people try to dispute what I said, I'm fine with that. It's when it doesn't stop, and it turns from just comments into attacks on my opinions. And no matter what you say in response, these people are just so thick-headed that they'll just keep going. If I wanted that kind of argument, I would have gone and attacked their statuses that they had posted. I just wanted my opinion out there, because each side deserves representation.
It wasn't limited to facebook either. People took it to text and inbox messages, as well as other people. I don't normally delete text messages, but I was glad to see those vanish.
I'm not wishing that more people would have commented on facebook, but there were certain people who 'liked' essentially every post that came along that was against me. ***Cough Cough, Laura Strawmeyer, Cough Cough. I took it almost more personally that people would just enjoy seeing other people attack me than actually joining in with their own comments.
So feeling incredibly shitty after a tense week, lonely weekend, 11 hours of classes, and being bombarded by people I thought were my friends, I got on skype. It just seemed like I couldn't get away from topics of debate. I couldn't even agree, while just adding in things I would consider, with someone without it feeling like yet another debate/argument.
The night still got worse, but the rest I'm still sorting through. To be blunt, it's exactly what I was waiting for to happen, I was just hoping that it wouldn't, and I was just crazy.
Nope, I'm apparently logical and sane. Damn.
Edit: I'm blowing off my first two classes right now, if not everything until wind ensemble.
I didn't feel like this was worth an entire post, facebook status, or even one little tweet. When I had my wisdom teeth out, I was on heavy painkillers, obviously. But while taking them, I could figure out which ones did what, what it felt like to be on them, and what it felt like when they started working. Well I'm sitting in my dorm, and I was first watching The Today Show, and now I'm watching The Social Network. I didn't care for it much the first time I saw it, but I thought I'd give it another go because it stuck in my head, the sign of a good movie. But I'm going off-topic and fast. But that kind of brings me back to where I was going anyway. I haven't touched my painkillers in like 2 weeks, but while starting the movie, I noticed the same sensation in the back left quarter of my neck, left arm, and airy feeling in my head. It's weird, and possibly a good thing Im not at class. Maybe this was my stress-crash for the semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment