Today especially, I've been seeing all the statuses about being pro-life, and undoing 38 years of wrong, and comparing this subject to Martin Luther King Jr day. Through the fall, I saw a number of people having statuses that they were spending the day outside of abortion clinics praying with youth groups and stuff.
I don't understand how the church can be so close minded, and is dead set on raising more generations of ignorance.
I really just wanted to post on my status that I'm pro-choice and toss out quotes and stuff, just to piss people off. And I still might later today.
I've found a few good quotes so far, and they aren't quotes about racial equality being rephrased for my own purpose like some that I've seen.
Hillary Clinton: "I have met thousands and thousands of pro-choice men and women. I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion."
Aristotle: "(T)he line between lawful and unlawful abortion will be marked by the fact of having sensation and being alive."
Ayn Rand: "One method of destroying a concept is by diluting its meaning. Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living."
Michael J. Tucker: “If the anti-abortion movement took a tenth of the energy they put into noisy theatrics and devoted it to improving the lives of children who have been born into lives of poverty, violence, and neglect, they could make a world shine.”
There are a few others that I like, but I feel that they don't exactly work.
Joycelyn Elders: "We really need to get over this love affair with the fetus and start worrying about children."
Rachel Kramer Bussel: "Those of us who are pro-choice are also, passionately, pro-life. Most of us love babies, love children, and love our liberty."
Dennis Miller: "And by the way, my belief is that if men were the ones getting pregnant, abortions would be easier to get than food poisoning in Moscow."
Found a favorite that might go on my facebook.
Mark Bigelow, Congregational Church of Huntington, United Church of Christ: "Christianity has always emphasized the importance of responsible decision making, and nothing is more important than the decision of when, or whether, to have children .... one thing I know from the Bible is that Jesus was not against women having a choice in continuing a pregnancy...Jesus was for peace on earth, justice on earth, compassion on earth, mercy on earth, and choice on earth."
To find all of my quotes, this is EXACTLY what I googled: "good quotes about being pro choice to make those damned catholics shut up"
Due to this search, I've seen some images that have scared me, probably for life. Like this website: http://www.clinicquotes.com/site/story.php?id=32
I can admit that childbirth can be a beautiful thing, not physically, but just in a way of thinking about it. But there's nothing beautiful about a fetus.
And now I'm all riled up and ready to argue with morons, which thankfully I'm surrounded by here in Anderson. I need to get out of here and find some liberal people and soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment