Sunday I broke out the cargo shorts which felt great.
Monday I wore my Young Democrats shirt with pride, as well as my cargo shorts. We had an assistant director in mens chorus and I enjoyed it for the first time. It's not vocal jazz, but I also didn't realize that the hour had gone by already.
Today was more shorts and a long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled. Put on my awesome sun glasses too. Right now I'm listening to music in my room, which my advisor told me to start doing again, and I've got the window open and I played some trumpet and played a 3 octave scale, something I haven't done in a while.
I was talking with a friend last night who would go to ball state if he could major on electric bass, but he can't do that there. Music at Anderson just isn't good. The entire campus is just a big high school that you can never leave. I love how personal it is, despite how ignorant most of the people are.
And I realized that among all of the jobs I've considered, they were all a good fit for me, especially being a political scientist and outdoor architecture. I might stay here another semester and see what the other departments are like. I love music, but this year has been a fight to the death to keep my passion alive. But it's clear to me that it's the way they teach music here. They teach you to be confined and stay within the lines when it comes to theory, and keyboard isn't teaching me anything, which is why I play so much on my own. Music is meant to destroy the lines, not be contained by them.
Where ever I end up next year, I'm going to keep playing trumpet and singing. I'm going to take more political science classes and I'm going to get back into theatre.
No comments:
Post a Comment