My roommate spent the night with his girlfriend, so I had the room to myself over night for the first time. It's cold cold and I think the humidity in the room is kind of high, but I can deal with it. Peter is alright, but we don't seem to have a ton in common. I think he's one of those guys that's just a generally nice guy that it's hard to disagree with, but not one of those people that you just love to death and want to hang out with every single night.
Nobody on our floor leaves their door open at all, it's kind of lame. I can tell that people are in there, they just choose to not be social at all. So I haven't actually made any new friends yet, just people I knew from hanging out here before, or people from Westfield.
I don't really have anything too interesting or dramatic to say, so this is turning out to be a kind of lame post.
I did get placed from the wait-list into the class for my Into to Landscaping class, so I had to drop my Planet Earth class to make it fit, so I'm only at 14.5 hours now, but I also emailed the music department asking about ensembles and whatnot, so I'll probably round out to 15 or something. I've got to get myself over to the career center sometime soon though, get a job and whatnot.
I did think of something that irks me a little bit. I was supposed to see someone on my last day in Westfield to say goodbye, something I really wanted to do, and he totally blew me off, didn't even send me a text, and all because of some girl. I love this kid to death, and I can't imagine not knowing him, but when it comes to the law of bros-before-hoes, he's a grade-A Benedict Arnold. I don't even know if that was a correct reference, but you certainly get the point.
And as for leaving past worries behind where they belong, that kind of went out the window already. First notification that I had on Facebook after getting here was not something I particularly wanted to see, and then they were somewhat intoxicated last night and started texting me. It wasn't anything bad, just that they missed me already, and wanted to hang out next time I'm home, even if it meant waiting until Thanksgiving. Forgive me for being confused, because when I mentioned during my last week I'd like to get lunch or something, and they didn't respond at all when I was throwing out times, but clearly would like to hang out now that I'm gone.
So I ended up having some dish to talk about, but I've actually got to get going now, trying to be social this time around at the start of college.
No comments:
Post a Comment