This summer, through all of it's good and bad, has just been such an impacting summer for me, and today really got me thinking.
I'd say I remembered what a good heartache felt like, which was one of those humbling things that proved I'm not quite as invincible as I tell myself I am. It'd been over 2 years since I let anything really get to me, so I think it was good to remember that.
There are so many people that I'm just not ready to let go of yet, these people are as good as family to me, and I'd gladly give my life for some of them. And recently I've seen the true natures of a few people who really shocked me. I'm just gonna list a few people that I'm just gonna be at a loss without because of this summer.
Collin, possibly more than anyone. Even just tonight, had the most awesome time playing night frisbee, and it might have been our last time for a while because he leaves on Sunday, and from our schedules, it sounds like I'm going to be lucky to see him one more time.
Bret, I'm sure I'll see him around, but it's been an interesting last two weeks or so. Things happen and people change, but I see Bret being around for the long haul.
Kaylee, probably out-ranks Bret. I can't even begin to say everything she's done this summer, and it sucks that she's in the position that she has to watch everyone leave and move out almost last among her friends. It doesn't start out too bad, but it gets harder and harder to see each person leave.
Tim, our paths will cross again, it may take a while, but it will happen soon or later.
Jessi, it's a shame we crapped out on hanging out, but we've got skype and the occasional visit back to little old Westfield.
In reality, there are dozens more people that I'm going to miss and think about, and I'm fortunate enough to have a handful of them up at Ball State with me, and I hope they know that I have no intentions of letting them slip away. I't fine to go to college and make new friends, but it's summers like this that prove that you can't turn your back on your old friends.
Even just typing this, I know it's going to be a lot more difficult to leave this year. I know I didn't get around to seeing a lot of the people that I wish I had, but I feel like everything kind of worked out exactly the way it was supposed to work out. There are definitely still some people that I would like to see at least one more time and have some kind of significant goodbye, but I don't know that I'll get that luxury.
I have a million things I want to say, but I'm getting more and more sleepy by the minute, so I'll wrap it up.
Life is funny, even when sometimes the jokes suck, and the best thing to do is smile as much as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment