I took Raven for a long walk today, it's been a while since I had any quality time with her. I might actually miss her and Jack more than anyone and anything. Yeah, they cause trouble and bark and I can't for the life of me keep them from smelling to high heaven, but there's something about a dog. I really regret spending so much time away from my house about now, because I'm not quite sure how dogs perceive things like someone not being around for weeks/months at a time. I'm sure they're aware that I'm in the house, but there are some days that I don't even look at them. I'm home for one more week, and that's totally gonna change.
Long walks also give you lots of thinking time, something that's always proved dangerous in the past for me.
The other night I said that this summer worked out exactly how it was supposed to, and it did. It worked out exactly how it was supposed to because that's what happened in the end. I'm not exactly ok with how everything has gone, not in the least, but that's how it all unfolded so that's that. I spent this summer digging for old opportunities that I'd previously tossed aside, and I regret that. I don't regret doing everything I can possibly think of to change someone's mind about me, but I somewhat regret letting it come up again when it was in the past. I don't see myself stopping either, because I'm a fickle guy and I'll fall flat on my face for the bait every single time. I've talked a lot more on the phone this summer too, which is a lot different from strictly texting. I've regretted a few of the phone calls I've made this summer, regretted them as much as anything I've done. I was at the band this morning too with Amanda again, I really wish I had been working with them this summer, as much as everyone has told me I need to distance myself from Westfield. I personally think they're full of bullshit, because I enjoy what I do there, and it would have been a great job. Today completely revealed something to me, in combination with the conversation from my last night frisbee conversation. Reading that score and listening to the band play along, it's obvious that there's no way that music is out of my life any time soon, along with something else that I'll leave unmentioned.
I got my scheduling done for the fall, and it really kicks ass. I didn't realize what it was like to go in and literally pick every single class you want, versus going in, being handed 14-17 hours of classes you're forced to take, and then getting to squeeze in an additional class if you can. Even the times of my classes kick ass.
Mon/Wed I start at noon. Yes, noon. And I'm done at 3.
Tues/Thurs/Fri I start at 10, not too bad either. Tues/Thurs I'm done at 4:20, Friday at 3.
I'm really happy with my classes, and they cover a really broad spectrum of topics.
International Policy and Affair.
Environmental Law.
Leadership Skills and Qualities.
Earths Environment and Its' Qualities.
Lab for Earths Environment^.
Elementary Meteorology.
Statesmen Vocal Group.
I'm currently wait-listed for Into to Landscaping, and I'll know about that next week.
I'm completely ready to be at Ball State and back in a college setting, I'm just not ready to be away from about 12 people or so, and if I could take them up to Ball State, and move a handful of locations up there too, I'd be the happiest guy in the world.
I've got to wrap this up soon. It hasn't really been a soul-bearing post or anything, but just kind of a reflection I suppose. I'll try to update this thing every other night or so while summer wraps up, and then I'll see what happens once I'm at Ball State.
No comments:
Post a Comment