Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fly Guts

Um. So if you look on facebook or twitter, you will find that at about 2:40 today, I caught a fly in my hand. It was pretty cool, because what happened was I was at my computer and saw something out of the corner of my eye and I decided to grab it out of the air. What wasn't pretty cool was all of it's guts on my hand...

It's been a week since I blogged, and there actually has been significant stuff.

I'm using LimeGreen again, there's a hunk of 6 months missing though, shows how good I was at that haha. Took the ACT's again this morning. Unsure of how this one went. I felt like I was doing really well, but was scrambling to get the last 15 done each time. Had my audition for the musical on thursday. I felt like my acting was just ok, but my singing went pretty well.

There's a few roles I'd really like, but I don't think I'll get them in all honesty.
When I talked to Wessel a few weeks back about the musical, ok more like middle of first trimester, but when I asked her about it, she was keen on telling me lots of information about the barbershop quartet of teachers that's in it, and nothing else. Sure, I like barber shop, but they aren't like a full role in my eyes, because they all appear at once, and don't have as an individual. Ever.

And somebody, who will remain nameless, got REALLY cocky about the musical. And he used to be really humble about everything, but all he would talk about on thursday was how he had to get to his callback and stuff, and almost tried to put me down for not getting one. News flash: I've never gotten a callback for a musical, and I've gotten pretty good roles every time. Other new flash: I only got a call back once, and it was for probably the smallest role I've ever had, regardless of how funny it must have been to see me in a toga that was only 6 inches below my waist.

Now going onto thursday again, as soon as I got out of my audition musicals of three years past slapped me in the face. I walked out of the auditorium going through trumpet fingerings of "Singing in the Rain". Got to my car and realized I was humming "Baby, Talk to Me." Then while driving I started singing "Many Moons Ago" like I did nearly every day during last years musical, sadly it was a lot better than it ever was on stage. Then I remembered all the choreography from "Normandy". And finally, I thought about the scene within the Wizard's Chamber, and how Zack had flattered me by telling me every night that he was honored to have his last scene in high school be with me. Oh, nostalgia. You're a dirty little sneak.

No comments:

Post a Comment