So I was minding my own business, for once I really was I swear. Along came a group of sophomores and freshmen, more so freshmen, who think that we're "great" friends. I couldn't name them all if you paid me. At first it was just kind of the normal conversation that occurs, hi, how's life, blah de blah de blah. Then, slipped into the conversation as if it was totally normal, was a question that only one other person has asked me not on a one-to-one basis, that person being Dimitrius, gotta love that kid.
"John, do you have a girlfriend?"
Had it not taken me for such a loop, I probably would have started laughing.
I asked why they wanted to know. I also became aware that they were all listening quite intently, and that I was surrounded by a mob of underclassmen girls.
They replied that according to facebook, I was married, and asked for an explanation.
OK, hold the line for one second. I didn't even know I was friends with these people on facebook!
Alright, stop holding the line, you'll get a rope-burn.
I informed them that I am not married, nor in a relationship of any sort. I also tried to find a way to escape because I was against a wall.
Another chimed in, asking "how come?"
*Note here* If you don't know me, my morals are kind of super-binding about relationships. I didn't want to explain them to them either.
I simply told them because. And being like twice their size and older, what were they gonna do about it? Because in that situation, "because" becomes quite an acceptable answer.
They continued to tell me that I should have a girlfriend because Im a senior and I know a lot of people. -Im still laughing that "because Im a senior, Im supposed to have a girlfriend"
I told them that just because I'm a senior, that doesn't mean I want nor need a girlfriend.
"But who are you going to prom with?!"
Really now?I don't know, and right now don't care. That's the other end of the year.
And with that, I got a text message, which I played off as a phone call so I could walk away to "talk". I don't think the timing of that message could have been much better.
Now aside from the question itself that was awkward and random, was that I'm 100% sold that at least two of the girls in that group are crushing on me. Flattering, yet undesired. They'll soon come to the cold hard realization, and probably crush on some other senior that has no interest in them. Poor, silly underclassmen.
But that actually got me thinking, because I ended up running through my morals in my head, and I deemed that they needed some tweaking.
Everything good and grand(the stuff that was part of my morals previously) still stands.
But I deemed this while trying to think as realistically as I could and not make myself any kind of exception to the entire male gender.
For starters, there's always gonna be cute girls who would be dateable, and being a guy in high school, Im probably going to end up noticing them. Some of those girls are soon labeled as "second place" girls.
Because, though not confirmed because males often lack the wording, there's almost always one girl who "takes the cake". The one that if you were to be in a relationship with anyone, you would pick that one. Im not saying that I have one or not, that's not what this post is about.
I came to the conclusion of this.
To end up in a relationship with a "second place" person, is just unfair to both persons. I would probably end up still pursuing the one who "takes the cake", despite the other girl. And that I would probably treat her as such, like second place. That just sets people up to get hurt.
So the additional moral is...
"Second place" girls, are officially off limits as well.
A "second place" may only become applicable if the "first place" becomes off limits due to other restricting morals.
A very binding rule, even I think so. But not matter which way I ran with the idea, I felt that it was correct.
Im sure that some day this will be brought up, and someone will find a way to say that Im totally wrong about all my morals and stuff. Don't care. My life, my set of morals.
I also regret that I was unable to find better terminology for each girl, because "second place" and "takes the cake" just seems terribly degrading to me, which goes to another moral, go figure.
That's all for this really odd post. I promise not to have many more of these, if any.
Questions,
Comments,
Concerns,
You know how to reach me.
Well, if you're reading this, hopefully you know me well enough to know how to reach me. If not, you're just really, really creepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment