Saturday, December 5, 2009

Not Quite Dime-a-Dozen

Dime-a-Dozen is going to be my next tangent, but I think it's going to be quite time consuming, and I don't have the time for that.

In short, it will most likely end up being a rant on today's teenagers, and their mediocre uniformness to one another. It hit me last night at the concert for the invisible children, when I looked around and noticed that maybe 1 in every 30 girls there stood out from the rest. Even in height they were all the same. Same hair style, clothes, attitude, fawning look at the ones on stage that they all so willingly deemed hot.

It pretty much made me sick, and I lost a lot of hope for the future of creativity and being an individual.

But enough, different tangent now.

So Chris...
The trumpet choir this year is playing Sonoran Desert Harmonies. It's a pretty cool piece, and it's not that hard at all. But what Chris is demanding of the group is a bit extreme. He has the group meeting essentially every day during bonus period. Something that I can't do, as I've explained to him several times, that I'm an officer in clubs that meet every single bonus period, and I need to be there. Still, he plans them for when I can't attend, so naturally, I'm not there.

Well I think that my group has meet, once? And an entire group meeting once? I can't help that I have meetings to run, and missed those things.

Over this three day weekend, I had limited things planned anyway, and set aside a large portion of time for music. Well Michael Block informed me during jazz band that Chris had gone off trash talking me after school, and that he was moving me to a different part because I messed up a rhythm that appears 6 times, each time. Otherwise though, I did fine. But anyway, after playing it for easily 3 hours yesterday, Chris called me. As always, I did not answer, and listened to his voicemail. He told me that he was switching my part, and putting me on 4th. I didn't call back.

In fact, I'm playing it that I don't even know where my phone is. I don't even plan to have it at school until wednesday actually now. It's going to turn out to be in my tux pants that I wore for choir on thursday. Thus, I never got his voicemail, and thus I continued to practice my part, and have it neatly polished.
Im too good at this.

But the way he was acting to my attendance reminded me of something, granted my case is not nearly as severe.

Marching band.
Chris missed probably 4 of 5 practices on average.
Chris never came to sectionals.
Chris was constantly late when he did show up.
Chris's not being there constantly threw off the rest of the section

He simply ignored my constant warnings and threats to him.
And now the tables are turned.
I missed practices that he had wanted me at.
But on the contrary. I told him I couldn't go on those days, and there's only been two.

The difference is though, that I am still section leader.

But here's my thought.
Why should I not act exactly as he did in order to make a point?
I've done it thus far, and he's furious. He's understanding what he made me feel like during marching band, regardless of wether he notices it or not.
So I might just go on with poor attendance, and not care what he has to say about it, just as he did during marching band.

Eating your own medicine sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment