FAFSA was due by the 10th, so I had to get home and get that all in order. While I was home I did the usual stop by the high school and talk to a teacher who knows me well and can offer some general life advice, stopped at my house quickly, meet up with Bret at Starbucks, and went to go play magic. That's usually my friday nights when I'm at home. It wasn't my friday night this weekend.
I acted on kind of a reckless impulse, that's not the wording I want because reckless impulse implies it was something bad, but it works enough. I told a slight lie to my mom as to where I was, because I'm usually home around 11. I ended up at someones house at 11 instead, and stayed outside in the rain for a good 2 hours with them. I actually only left because the rain was starting to die down, and of course as soon as I get home, it picks back up. I almost even went back, but my mom was still up when I got home, and would've been confused as to where I was going at 1:20 in the morning.
Next day I hung out with them again, though all of the rain turned to freezing rain, to hail, to snow in like 20 minutes, no joke. Stayed out long enough to get pretty damp and pretty cold. Those two days are the reason my hair is doing the opposite of what it's supposed to, I don't know if I complained about it on a public media forum or not. It flips to the left, and I sleep on my right side when I'm home. I when to bed two nights in a row with soaked/damp hair and not it's kind of stuck flipping to the right instead. It's just enough of a difference that people ask if I got a hair cut. Funny, actually.
But back to where I was before, because I'm just as bad at telling a story online as I am in person. I remember when weekends like that weren't so uncommon, though nothing like this, but just random things would come up on the spot and it would be fun. I almost didn't believe I was going there until I got to their house. Kind of a personal achievement, because I don't do enough impulsive things. I guess that's as much as I can say while staying vague on the topic as well.
Anyway, I'm sticking it out over spring break, just chilling with people there and looking forward to it. Then I'll be on the long haul till the first week of May. We get a nice Easter break, so that makes the last stretch not quite so bad.
After tonight, I'll be 8/26ths done with this week, I'm counting it by classes, and it'd be 28 if I counted chapel, but I could skip if it I wanted to. 8/26ths is over 30% of my classes in a week, and it's all on a Monday, maybe that's why I'm kind of in a foul mood.
Oh well, ho hum.
No comments:
Post a Comment