Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Turn by Turn

I've officially started going around bluntly saying that I don't plan on returning in the fall, except for any time that I'm in the music building, I'm just not ready for that yet.

--Side note, I just love Glee so much, even when it's a rerun. It bugs me how people last year who trash talked it are now all about Glee, and try to talk to me about it when they don't know the history of season 1. Pretty much every time they cover a Top 40 song it turns out amazing. AND EVERYTHING IS 1000 TIME BETTER A CAPPELLA.--

---Other side note, I think that the Madea movies are hilarious, and there's a new one coming out around Easter. Ok, I'm done being distracted now.---

Last night I was giving a presentation, and I flat out said that I was planning on going to Ball State because that environment suited me better, and the areas of study that I'm interested in are worlds better than at Anderson. I was actually kind of happy to flat out say it, and relieved that my career advisor said she was expecting that's what I would do.

I'm keeping this from the Music Department for now, because each one of them will come asking me why, and while I actually like almost everybody in the building, and they're incredibly nice people, the way the whole department works at a whole, well it just doesn't work. And they're the kind of people that they'll try to get me to stay, to tough it out just one more year and then encourage me to stick with music.. It won't work on me, I'm smarter than that. I figure that they'll all find out eventually, and one of them might already know.

I was eating lunch with some people and ended up talking about my plans to transfer, not noticing that my mens chorus director was sitting like 6 seats down. So assuming that I was even half as loud as I normally am, he heard me talk about my plans. And the bummer about that, is that he's probably my favorite faculty in the music department.

It was a pretty good talk though, and it

-----Glee covering Dog Days Are Over, one of my current favorite songs. I forgot how good of an episode this was.-----

I'm on hardcore drugs and they're all intermingling in weird ways right now that I never would have guessed. Like I'm on half a pain pill left over from my wisdom teeth just because I couldn't find anything else to just dull me out, which makes me sound like a druggie. But I'm on tons of decongestants and allergy stuff too, it's insane. So as a result, I'm incredibly out of it, possibly more out of it than I was right after getting my wisdom teeth out, but I'm still functioning really well.

Ok ok, back on the train tracks. It was a pretty good talk, and now I feel bad that I'm finally finding some people I feel comfortable actually just talking with and I'll only be here for like a month.

I kind of had different sets of friends here at Anderson, and now I'm getting to the good ones. It just kind of sucks that it took so long. And even the people that I don't really know seem to like me. I bumped into some guys in the stairwell and they asked if I got on 3rd floor for next year and I told them I didn't plan on being here. They were actually kind of sad I wouldn't be here, but they understood. They even asked if I was going to stay with music, because somehow they knew how torn I was about staying with music. I just don't get how people got to know me so well, and I don't know like any of them.

I had a better idea that I was going to talk about, but these pills have totally taken me for a loop and I can't put together a solid idea anymore, so maybe I'll pick up with it at another time, if I remember about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment