I was going for some kind of game metaphor, and snake eyes just really fit. It's always possible on a dice roll, always, it's just that the odds are always against it.
I'll flat out say that this was a bad day. I was really looking forward to this weekend too, which is why it was that much more of a let down.
This is one of those posts that's not going to name any names, because somehow of the three people that take the time to read this, one of them will be oddly tied into the whole thing.
I stayed in Anderson last weekend, and it was just miserable. I came home this weekend and was super excited. It started out great, playing cards with Bret(ok I lied, I used a name), went 3-1, even beating two valakut decks, which are tier 1 decks right now. For the past few weeks, I've always made a stop on the way back into Westfield. Yesterday however, they didn't want to see me, and I was home at like 10:45 instead of 1:00.
Today was snake eyes, and I've been used to rolling much higher numbers and getting around the board. And it was pretty bad stuff, because I even had good stuff happen today. My parents might actually cover the first chunk of my student loans if my Nana's trust fund goes through. This part is bad, my parents are going to be gone on my birthday, and it's the fault of my aunts and uncles on my dads side, I doubt any of them even know what they did, it's another post by itself. But they got me my birthday present like 2 months early. They finally got me a new bike, a nice road bike. Got brunch with a close friend too. Woke up to a brilliant storm, which them turned into a gorgeous day. So this day had no reason to be bad.
I was supposed to hang out with someone, and it all just turned to shit while I was with them. It's making me question a lot right now, and I feel like this is partly because I broke my rules. Karma is a bitch, she's also my sister. I just wasn't expecting this weekend to be like this, and I can't put in any kind of details without naming names, and ruining the whole point of not making it obvious who I'm talking about. Maybe this is life's little way of leading me exactly where I'm supposed to be right now. I've not been entirely honest with myself as well as the people I've been confiding in lately, and that bothers me as well.
This all started because of me doing something I wouldn't normally do, and right now I want to do another one of those things.
It's like I'm in the adjustment bureau, and I've gotten off of the plan and now the universe is trying to put things back on route. Or maybe I'm crazy. All I know is that I need to be outside tonight, and now.
No comments:
Post a Comment