I opened this new blog dish in a perfectly fine mood. I had only managed to type a title then I got a text. Now Im in a super pissy mood.
Im might as well get to the good stuff so I can end on the stuff that makes me sounds like an unstable depressed nut-job.
The band is going to semi-state on the 24th, which totally rocks. Like possibly the best thing that's happened to me in high school in all four years of marching band. And it's just amazing to look back and think about how quickly this has all happened to the band. four years ago we were barely able to get a silver at regionals, now we confidently got a gold and are in the top 20 in the state of indiana, which is a HUGE state for marching band. Last year we were just barely hoping to get a gold, which we did, as well as placing 11th, just missing the cut-off. I personally take a great deal of credit for the reform that the band has seen, because I remember last year when the section leaders were all so lax about their section and I made them and their respective sections look Really bad by how tough I was with my section, and soon the brass line.
This year there's at least half the band at a sectional either tuesday or thursday, and you see the section leaders being super involved, and actually being leaders. Now we're a group of people to take seriously.
Now for the pissy mood. So my phone was acting up today and I had to get it connected to my computer and use syncfix to get it working again, which takes a while, so I wasn't getting messages right away for a while. Then I ate dinner with my family so for about 30 minutes I didn't have my phone. I found a text from someone asking if I wanted to hang out, and I told them that it was getting late and I had homework. Their reply? "Well, guess who's day was wasted because people couldn't communicate quickly and efficiently?". This from somebody who I never would have expected it. So Im kinda crazy mad at him now, because he has other friends, and it's not my responsibility to keep him entertained and busy. Yeah.
And now I think I last used a racing analogy, but fell short with my words. Im not doing any better on that whole thing, and Im pretty gun-ho to finishing that one. So I'll toss out what I can.
Maybe running in a circle now fits? I'll see where I can go with that. The only problem that I see is that it means I was once running in two directions, which is physically impossible. And now Im not really getting anywhere with that one. A new one's in the works.
No comments:
Post a Comment