Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Font Titled "People"

Lets see. The 18th was some time ago, but nothing is going to be that new even though I've been looking to get on here for like 4 days now.

It was a short week for fall break which was chill. The week went as they normally do. Thursday I was awake as normal to work on my econ commercial which was followed by an afternoon shift of band, then haunted trails. Then some totally random and unplanned adventuring that involved best buy, halloween express, breaking into cool creek, dairy queen and then creeping on a young pterodactyl in the area. Friday was a sleeping day. Then a football game to play at and watch half of, we looked for cops, I was treated rudely by people at not just Barnes & Nobles but Wal-Mart as well- I totally blame the fact that I was wearing a Westfield sweatshirt, because I never wear Westfield apparel, and Im never treated that rudely and I ended the night going back in time to the Jurassic Era. Saturday I woke up at a normal hour and departed for band. In my gut of guts, I knew it was going to be my last saturday of doing so-sadness. We did the usual. Practice, eat, board the bus, ride the bus, make fun of people, get off the bus, get uniform, get back on the bus, get dressed, get off the bus, get instruments, make some lines, warm up, run my last sectional, talk with DAVE about last minute ideas near the end of warm ups, march to the field, go play, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait...

We didn't make it any farther in the season, but Im not ashamed of where we did get. I do wish that maybe, just maybe the day wouldn't have had to run the time's that it did, because I feel like I had quite a door open itself, but I was prevented from going through due to my having to be at band all day. That's another thing all together though.

It was a good four years, and I don't think that there's much I would do differently. And honestly, one more week wouldn't have made any difference, I served my purpose, and now Im done with that part of my life, and it's really freaking me out to think about it. My life is music, and for 5 1/2 months, I've been working on the same piece. And now that piece is done, and I don't know what to do with myself. All I can do is think back to all the memories I have from it, and all the things that I know that wont matter soon. To those that have put up with me, with all my yelling, my bouts of profane language, my jokes, my analogies, my highs, my lows, my bipolar days, my days where I let you all goof off, my long-winded talks and speeches, my never-ending sectionals, my days where I threatened to slit jugulars... thanks.



But now I can look forward to more adventures, one of which DAVE and I have been talking about for nearly 8 months, the brass quintet. I've got everyone picked for it, as well as a piece that even he thinks is hard. Im excited for the Tuba quartet, and it makes me glad that I would steal Ethan's tuba when I could and play it for the last three years. Im sure that there's going to be a brass choir piece, even if I have to organize that as well. And Im sure that's not even close to everything.



On to something else.

Not you, that was nothing more than a brief idea, and the way you maintain eye contact bothers the hell out of me.

Im going to peg you as a no, despite that you've been watching me for 2 years now, and I know you have. You're nice, but it wouldn't work at this time.

You? Just a flat out no. You talk way too much and can't take a hint.

You, now you're a yes. Im hoping that this will settle, one way or the other, now that I actually have some free time which marching band coming to a close. It's been a while, like a Really long while, but maybe, just maybe Im right.

And Im brought to you. I had thought of you as a maybe within meeting you, but I dare say that you're a no now, because you're kind of insane, violent, and also taken.

So you again? I still wonder, but I could never bring myself to do anything because it would be disastrous in so many other ways.

Explanations? Well. You ask I tell, pending if I think you're worthy of knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment