Monday, January 18, 2010

Collapsable People Skills

I can't pull this off much longer. But I'll shoot for a record.

There's other things to say first though.
2010 North American International Auto Show, was pretty cool. Ford dominated everybody else, but that's no surprise. The trip there and back was fun too.
I can't even put it all into words, it was just a ton of fun. Including fun that almost got us run off the road by lesbian vampires who were no older than ourselves.

From Detroit, we hit the "Go Home" button on the gps, to get us back to Westfield, and began to follow it's direction. About an hour or so into the drive, Tim questions if we're going the right way. Only to find that the gps it taking us through an entirely new route, which went through Ohio. I followed the high-lighted route and saw that fate was taking us right by a golden opportunity. It was taking is right by Napoleon, Ohio. Napoleon is where the wonderful Chris Nagy came to us from.

Needless to say, we took an extra stop in Napoleon, Ohio, and even found the High School, which was supposed to be all locked up. Fate had other plans, because in one of the front doors was a door stop, keeping it open just an inch or so. I beckoned Tim over, and we both entered the empty, dimly lit school.

Looking back, it was like a horror movie setting. Three teens. A small, quaint little town where everybody seems oh so nice. Two of them leaving the other alone in the car outside while they explore the closed building. The youngest of them, with a camera, documenting everything in sight while the oldest scouts ahead. They find an unlocked room, the natatorium. The youngest slowly walks in, surveying the room, assuring himself that it is safe, and the oldest stands guard outside. They've explored everything within sight, everything but the elevator in the corner. After entering the elevator, the two find that there's only one direction that the ground-level elevator will go, down, and that it will open on the other side. The door begins to shut, the two watch as the window to the dimly lit, abandoned first floor slowly disappears before them.

Doesn't that just set up a terrific horror movie?!
We didn't go into the basement, that went against our better judgement. Though now I really wish we had, because I'd love to know what was down there right now.

--Here's for the random bit here.
I've discovered, that if I was skinny enough, and had no abdominal muscles, I would be owner of a terribly ugly "outtie" belly button. But that wont every happen, so no worries!

This particular ENR started at about 9, and it's just past 10.
I was tossing around different titles, when I got a text, which is exactly part of my problem.
I can't very well keep up with what life is tossing me, and Im afraid to say that the horizon only shows more curveballs flying my way. It just seems to come in waves like this, and this is a storm that I've been forecasting for over 6 months now. I waded into the deep end, ever so slowly, only to have the water level rise when I was nice and comfortable. I might loose my sanity if I wasn't bound by morals.

Other update, I still can't extra ears, or any other sensory preceptors. But any help on how to do so would be largely appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment