The irony, is that moments before, I was thinking about how agile I was, and how much fast I felt like I could run. But that's not the best part of the irony. But I guess now I need to back track a bit.
My foot, has a sprain.
My ankle, has a sprain.
I can't walk.
Can't drive.
Can almost stand.
And, I hate crutches.
Because I hate crutches, I have been hoping everywhere.
Because I have been hopping everywhere, my abs have gotten an insane workout the last few days. I woke up this morning, and couldn't understand why I was so sore. But then I realized that all the movements I was doing were super core-intensive. But my abs still hurt.
Now, to the part in which I now feel like fate took a cheap shot at me.
I had a thought on Friday afternoon, and I wanted to hang out with somebody. I even found that they were free that evening. I kept myself from asking them if they wanted to do anything, because I had already 90% committed to the people that I was going to hang out with. But even driving to meet them, I fought the urge to call the other person up and ask if they wanted to do something. I know the people I was meeting would have plenty of fun without me, and yet I didn't call. For the next hour, I still wondered if it would be too late to call and do something.
Eventually, the feeling subsided, and I went with the flow of the evening.
Then I remember being on the ground, some swearing, lots of rolling, in a car, then in the ER. Once I was being wheeled around the ER, I realized I probably blew a nice opportunity.
So because of that, and ignoring my gut, I've spent the weekend totally immobilized.
Should something like this happen again, my friends will understand why Im busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment