Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thaw, Freeze, Repeat

So at the current moment, I feel like I was punched really hard in my left eye. It hurts like crazy just to blink, and it feels swollen, but I don't recall being hit, at all.

Got a haircut today too. I think it's going to look Super good, like one of the best haircuts I've gotten in a while.

First trimester is turning out quite alright. Symphonic band is super fun, playing with people who are actually good. I don't miss concert band like at all.
--Went to jazz band for the first time today. I was happy to see THREE freshman trumpets there. Michael returned as I expected him. Within minutes I remembered why I got so bloody sick of him. He NEVER shuts up. Like as soon as we stop playing he has to say something. And finally to my distress, Eddie picked up jazz band. I was talking to others, saying that "you guys could use a real trumpet player", all jokingly. He huffed and puffed and got all super mad, so I let him solo for a bit, he tried and failed terribly, on a concert B-flat solo rift, the very key that his instrument is in. I then soloed, totally off the top of my head, and did a very nice improv solo, though it turns out Sands was looking for me to do a blues/pop solo, and not the lyrical jazzy one that came out haha. But good god. I wish Eddie would stop trying to do everything. He apparently wants to do a solo this year too for ISSMA, I was talking to Dave about it. He said that if Eddie hadn't already started it, then he wasn't going to waste his time helping him, because even the simplest solo would take Eddie forever to learn.--
2nd period is AP Stats. I've never loved a math class as much as this one. I'm like 95% fully understanding everything we talk about. Then comes AP Lit, which is about the same as always. 4th period is Vocal Jazz. We sing. 5th period is government. I think Im going to love that class. Galovic likes me already, and I sit by Sarah Patton, whom Galovic likes too. Overall Im loving this trimester.

Not a ton else to say, but I feel like I should have a lot more, because there really is more going on in my life. Maybe Im just officially out of different light bulbs to plug in. Maybe all that's left is action. Let me see what flipping the switch does.

You're growing on me, but I still just don't see it. We're so similar that we're totally different. But I know, at the very least I've another close friend.

I feel like Im choking on my heart it gets beating so fast some times. I have no idea how to read you, and I don't think that anyone else really does either. But then again, I could very well just be the only one.

You don't fit in with the above, but I'm saying this all the same. Similarities are astounding. The same book in a different binding almost. It's creepy and flattering at the same time, and I'll probably never explain that to anyone, ever, not ever a last person in the car.

Also, for those that look at my tweets, the definition of "Last person left in the car", which I think I used a day or two ago, means this.
A person who either is driving me somewhere, or I am driving somewhere, that basically gets a straight, no strings, answer to whatever they want to ask, often no restrictions. These persons aren't huge in number, but there's more than enough.
And again to those that follow twitter, Too Big To Tweet, was in a twitter thing, and it also happens to be the title of my last post, which I choose not to advertise.

Gonna go play trumpet for the remainder of the night, shooting for 2 hours tonight. Audition repertoire is kind of kicking my ass all over the place. Looking at 21 minutes of essentially non-stop playing of stuff that is currently partially beyond my skill set.

No comments:

Post a Comment