Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Black and White Romance Movie Take 4

Thinking.
Present-Tense Verb.
Definition:
Something I do way to much of.

I went to the warehouse the other night to see Bret open, and he was really pretty good. Some of the others that preformed lost my attention quite quickly though. The only one I remember by name was Mid-American. And after they were on a good number of us went and sat out in the grass talking, I was talking as well as watching the lighting roll in.

Something happened though, I will try to avoid using detail, to a very close friend of mine, in which the person they came with said something that took her for a loop, and then that person ran off. Some minutes later texting begins, and essentially becomes the whole dramatic Im never going home, just forget about me. While talking to her she got a text, though I know not what it read, it prompted her to get up and being walking, then turn into a run. Myself and another followed from a distance watching her. This eventually lead to the three of us sitting on a corner in silence aside from a quite sob time to time.

Sitting in that silence, well I don't even know how to put it into words really. I felt terrible for what was happening for my friend, but at the same time wonderful that I was able to be there to let them know they could count on me, maybe that was it, maybe not, I don't know. I just know that Im glad to be able to be there for my friends, but I learned something too-funny, I've been doing that a lot lately.

I found out that as much as I want to, there's some stuff that I can't protect my friends from. As much as I would have given anything to trade with them to make them feel better, I couldn't. And as much as I like being able to show my support, I was almost totally useless at the same time. I can protect my friends from almost anything, keyword being almost, and sometimes I don't feel that's enough.

Life Lesson = Learned

No comments:

Post a Comment