I thought about posting a blog with a topic of two of my favorite mannerisms. But seeing as I am unable to do one of them, I will save it for later. That leaves eye contact. I love it. But in todays society, making and keeping eye contact sends mixed signals. I see making eye contact as a sign of respect, that I feel the individual I am talking with or with in general is worth my time and an equal as an individual. I will also make frequent eye contact with those who have a superior knowledge of what ever is being talked about, as a sign of respect. So if I ever happen to make and hold eye contact, there is no double motive behind it, and sometimes people have really interesting eyes that tell more than hours of talking can. So think nothing of it, hell, learn to make eye contact more even. It makes you seem more confident as an individual. Those who are unsure of themselves will look downward while talking, or buy themselves with something nearby while talking. My only exception to this is while driving. I may look over briefly every once and a while, but otherwise I keep my eyes where I need them.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
The Woes of a Kleenex
Despite the title, this blog will have very little to do with the problems that Kleenexes face on a day-to-day basis. Being the second day of school, I found myself remaining at home. I awake at 5:15, promptly forced myself to jump out of bed as I always do to wake myself up, only to promptly fall back onto my bed at the demand of every sore and aching muscle in my body. The next thing I remember my mom is yelling at me about 9:30. Then it was 11. So I stayed at home today watching episodes of Warehouse 13 that I have missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment